Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much savings do you have?
View Single Post
Old 26-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's you who are the joker. Of course CPF money is our money. Do you spend everything you earn? CPF is just another form of savings and at 2.5% to 4% interest its a good form of savings.

Having millions in CPF and SRS does matter. I'd rather have my millions in CPF rather than the pittance you have in cash. By maxing out my special account, we get about $40,000 in interest every year. In fact, when I turn 55, unless I can find a higher yielding investment, I will probably leave most of it with CPF. I can take it out anytime after 55 if I need it. Better than the 0.2% I get with DBS.

You are just one of those people who aren't successful and are resentful that the Government keeps some of your money to make sure you are not a burden when you are old. Let me tell you that CPF was designed for people like you, who are mediocre and spend everything they earn. Sorry, but that's the truth.
Uncle you win ok? No need to put other people down. You are already rich with all your millions in CPF. That chap probably has much less than you (he didn't say), but even so, there's no need to belittle him. Moreover you are likely to be older than he is. Be more gracious, old man. Go count your millions in your CPF or fly a kite or something.