Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Please Advise: First Time Job Seeking in Career Switch
View Single Post
Old 19-06-2017, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Generally speaking DL accounting degrees are not worth much in the market. In fact an accounting/finance related diploma from a proper poly has better marketability. All the major employers like MNC, larger local firms or public sector will not hire you on a degree executive level.

Your most realistic action is to either take up finance/accounting executive jobs in small companies or finance officer levels in larger companies. These will usually pay closer to non-technical diploma starting pay as you have no relevant exp. I would say anywhere 2 to 2.4k max if you are lucky.

The difficulty is that you are competing with the hoards of diploma fresh grads as a mid-career, that is going to be a hard sell. My advice would be to grab whatever offer that comes first, I don't think its going to be that easy for you to get an offer.

Let this be a hard lesson for you in the future - in Singapore do not quit a cushy job without getting anything first, especially when your CV is very weak.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app