Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 05:20 AM
An MO

To the idiot saying that nobody is forcing that "doctor from the Indian subcontinent" to stay in Singapore, you can't be a Singaporean doctor, and your attitude is disgusting and counterproductive. You are a disgrace. Instead of thinking of some way to improve the system, you tell the messenger to get out.

Now because I also see flaws in the system, instead trying to improve things, should I be a quitter and go to Australia too? There's no point arguing with idiots like this who will always have some smart comeback but make no positive change to the world.

Like every country, there will be racism and stereotypes of the minority races. The attitudes held by some of my countrymen sicken me. I have "brown" colleagues that I have great respect for, and I know white doctors with dubious work ethic but the right accent who have no problems making excuses or finding female company on nights off.

The Singapore public system treats its doctors as disposable fodder; to be made used of as much as possible before finishing their bonds or training and leaving for private land. Possibly an outdated mindset from the SAF days - Serve And F-off. The media can help nudge things in the right direction, but conditions will improve only if there is change to the culture itself, and it will still be a very gradual change.