Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - is my civil service pay progression fast/slow/normal?
View Single Post
Old 21-02-2011, 01:17 PM

miwashi is on a distinguished road

Well, the reason why I took up my current job was because during the interview they cast it as a knowledge-based position using all kinds of fancy terms ('statistical analysis, policy making, event planning, etc'.).

On my first day of work they told me there was a reorg the previous week and I was being placed in a branch handling maintenance of neighbourhood playgrounds. Hence my job scope involving picking up rubbish and grasscutting now.

Looking back I should have quit on day 1 but at that time I was really scared of burning bridges. Now 5 years later I realize it's a really rubbish organization and I defnitely must leave, but the thing now is, go where? I am confident that my quality of work produced (i try to get involved with real work done by other branches whenever possible to add to my cv, eg. writing manuals, drafting articles, etc.) is worth more than the pay cut they offered, and even have writing samples. The company that offered me the cut agreed that the samples were good and relevant, but stil a $800 cut..

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app