Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 02:03 AM
Unregistered

Default Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a consultant dermatologist and histopathologist (completed both training programmes in uk). I have completed also specialty fellowship training in dermatopathology at a world renowned centre.

The NHS is a mess. I'm keen to leave.

I should be quite useful to a department or two. I understand however 1) dermatology in singapore is almost a completely closed shop to outsiders and 2) dermatologists in Singapore report their own pathology.

Is it possible to work in Singapore as an img dermatologist. Or should I carry on to hong kong instead?

I think the situation in Singapore is quite crappy. Long long hours, rude patients, endless complaints, and a burned out workforce ( I am an MO, my oncall in a prestigious cardiology unit was from 5. 30 in the morning to 1 pm the following day, but in reality I always had to leave much later )- hence I think the workforce is more likely to be having a " don't give a **** " attitude - which translates to " bad news for you " if you are the consultant; you will be dealing with a lot more complaints than you actually should )