Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello. My fellow liti friends have told me that starting off in liti helps when they eventually jump to the Corporate side. However it may be difficult to make the jump since you have no experience and what can you offer the firms with your liti background? Besides, what's stopping the firms (i am assuming the big 4s) from hiring another fresh trainee at 2k a month given both of you probably have the same amount of experience?

I started off in corporate. Dont think i made the wrong decision. Made a move to international after 2 years. Some of my friends in liti were keen to join Corporate but could not find a space within the firm / other big 4s.

I think if u some how managed to join the big 4 after 2 years in liti, i think they would still pay you the equivalent rate despite your luck of experience.
Hey there, I was the OP. Thank you for your inputs

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to secure a TC with any big 4 corporate depts. Would it be advisable to apply to the big 4s or other reputable mid-sized corp firms during my training period then? What are the odds that these firms will be taking in fresh assocs without any "relevant" training in the first place during this period?

Alternatively, would it be viable to join an in-house dept after 1-2 years of liti experience? Would a few years of in-house experience bolster my chance of switching over to the corporate practice of a law firm?