Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Retrenched Investment Bankers (Where do they go to?)
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I used to earn a lot when I was in high finance. While many of my colleagues spend their big bonuses on expensive holidays, partying, women, new sports cars and buying expensive, ultra luxury condos and bungalows beyond their means, I invested my salary and big bonuses in undervalued stocks and undervalued properties.

I knew from the start that in my line of work, the good times never last long. I made a lot of money, invested heavily and retired at 43. I am debt free, own multiple income generating properties and dividend generating stocks and live a more meaningful life devoted to lots of charity work.

Those older ex-colleagues in their 50s who were spendthrift are still working hard as they have to keep up with their high expenses, servicing huge credit card debts, car loans and mortgages.
I am in a similar situation but still not retired yet at 49. Do you have a family to support when you retire at age 43? What do you think is a comfortable networth for one to call it a day and retire in Singapore?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app