Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much savings do you have?
View Single Post
Old 17-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i chanced upon this website from a URL referral from another website. find it interesting and hence i leave this comment here.

me 37 working, wife 38 housewife, 3 kids

cash: 3.1 million
stocks: 679k
cpf: 320k
condo: NONE
hdb: bought in 1996 when earning <5k salary, left 78k hdb 16yr of loan
cars: 2x >3Litres conti cars

now, before anyone say this is bullsh1t, i will tell you the way to go.

NEVER buy into the singaporean dream of condo and property, its heavily manupilated by the govt, the small market and its developers. stocks are liquid enough and good when everyone is in fear. how to see this? when you see people dumping their fancy properties and ferraris at firesale price. BUY! i admit i am not an expert, but i use a 8 mth lead moving averages of indices to all sgp asset prices. it worked the last 2 recession. however, i must also admit that now, with massive dollar printing all over the world, holding cash now is worrisome too but i will still NOT buy singapore properties no matter what. stay in HDB, take hdbloan of 2.6% if your salary level permits. earn enough $ and relax out of the rat race like me. i am taking 20k salary per month now with minimum 2month AWS until the day i decide to quit going to office.

live long and prosper. good luck.
Great advice. Don't worry about holding SGD, cos I think it is strong and will stay strong against other currencies. Govt is strengthening SGD to fight inflation.

I have a question though: where do you get data for "indices to all sgp asset prices" ?

So when the "8 mth lead moving averages" is bottoming, you start to buy? How do you know it's bottoming? Do you overlay another moving average so that when the 8-mth crosses it, you start to buy?

Thanks for the superb advice.