Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Doctors' pay
Thread: Doctors' pay
View Single Post
Old 17-02-2011, 04:08 AM

sachinok is on a distinguished road

hi guys,
great discussion going on here.
i have a quary here. if some expert or knowledgable person can answer it i would be gratefull to him.
i have recently got offer from one of the hospital from singapore as my college is from the recognised colleges by smc. but they said that they can offer me only junioe level job (not even registar). but surprisingly they are offering me s$8000 per month. from reading posts above i understsnd that if the position is of junior lvel than registar then my salary would have been somewhere around $3500. can someone explain it?
also they have said that i will have to work in wards. i can go to OTs to see the surgeries but can not assist it. is it true? is really that hard and fast? i mean if i have good relation with my colleuges and HOD can they allow me to assist?
also they said that they can not take me as registar as only MRCS holder is eligible for it. is it true?
if i accept the offer i will be moving with my wife. she has basic medical degree which is not from recognised medical college by smc. can she work there as a GP or anything..just because she doesnt have to sit at home doing nothing?
plz plz advise me about these things. i need to reply to their offer soon.
thanks in advance.