Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG_User View Post
Hi, I am studying at UniSIM, part time degree. Those who advise me to leave my current workplace and join audit are my ex-colleagues -- accountants and other account executives who have worked for more than 3 years here.

Hmm...I did tried finding similar capacity roles but mainly asking for full set accounts exp which I do not have. I can keep on apply non-stop and hope someone wants me...Ultimately, I can still stay on at my current place since at least job security is there, but long term wise it is probably not a wise decision.
Yea, but they are accountants, which you are not. You do not have any accounting qualifications and your experience in data entry in a SME isn't going to get you anywhere in audit firms. At most you will be doing work like accounts/audit assistant, I doubt that sort of administrative job is going to pay better or let you learn anything useful. Seems like taking a big risk on job security w/o getting anything in return.

I think your best bet is to wait till you get your degree from Unisim first, then try applying for general finance exec roles in those SME. My opinion is with the current economic uncertainty, one should be patient and wait for good upward opportunities. Don't just jump for fun when the job level is more or less the same, just doing mainly admin work on different things.