Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Service Performance Bonus
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I heard from bosses that there is a promotion list furnished by HR every Dec on the eligible list of promotees. If a person is performing well, he/she can be recommended for promotion in advance. Otherwise, you have to wait out your time. We have a huuuggge group of mx 12 waiting to go to 11, and with the introduction of 11A, will 12 to 11 be easier? I am
Just wondering if these mid range officers are automatically promoted after a few years, or isit based on merits (eg: good performance). Not talking about scholars here, but regular farmers. It seemed like a lot of my colleagues (mx12) wait out 4 to 6 years to get to 11, don't know why the people who posted here promote like nobody's business. Are there like elitist ministries where farmers go up the ladder faster? Makes me kinda shi bai still stuck at 12 after 2 years and i thought it is normal.
Seriously, going from MX 12 to 11 in 2 years isnt really the norm. When people tell their stories here, you should really take them with a pinch of salt, or there may be other reasons why they are promoted faster, headcount, mid-career entry etc.

If your dept has a huge group of MX12, I think your main concern is how you can perform and outshine them if you want your promotion. You can't take promotions for granted.