Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 27-02-2017, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi thanks for your reply.

I am in the retail banking sector with the bulk of the work centred upon PEP name screenings, to determine if they are a true match, filling out templates after template for edd purposes and writing STRs.

There are around 50-70 of us and I honestly don't feel there are any opportunities to move an advisory role, given all of them are staying put and won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

I cant see a future here with all the op bits getting offshore and I have no desire to move into a leaders position managing offshore teams and like I said I hate the 'another-widget-off-the-belt' feeling associated with operations.

Would appreciate some advice on how long I should stay and what to do to position myself for a more mentally stimulating role.

Thanks
Dont worry too much about the current jobscope. You got to start from somewhere. Nobody is going to hire you into an compliance advisory role fresh out of school.

Make use of your time now to interact more with the front office, and demonstrate how you can add value. Network more and make yourself more visible and try to understand other parts of the business well. Like you said, there are 50-70 of you, try to think of ways to make yourself more outstanding.

In the end, moving up to the next level depends a lot on who you know.