Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 24-02-2017, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't be a dick.

To the original poster, it's tough. I also graduated from UK law school recently (probably a few batches ahead of you). became associate at some small firm. while i understand the no income part is shitty, everyday i ****ing regret studying law and getting into this shitty business. the work is thankless, low paying and the career prospects aren't as great as what everyone tells you since the skills aren't necessarily transferable (believe me i have tried). furthermore, it's a business full of cheats and you may find yourself hating the fact that your bosses are plain ****ing dishonest, lazy and not interested in your development. you're better off going somewhere else and learning something useful.

Take it as a blessing in disguise.
I would hesitate to take this as a norm in the industry. I work for a small firm and my experience has been the total opposite.

Every firm is different and it really depends on the boss you work for. I would suggest joining a different firm for a more varied perspective of the industry - you may well be surprised at how truly honest and honourable some bosses are (my boss is one of them, and i think that's why he chose to set up on his own - to practice by his own rules).