Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 07:23 AM
poor millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Money is the source of all respect. Therefore the statement in the quote above the quote is incorrect: "The poh piah king may be rich, but he doesn't command a lot of respect except from the uneducated."

The common denominator of respect is money. How do you compare one profession with another when all professions are so different? It is money. Money is the source of respect.

Even if you do not respect Popiah King, he doesn't need your respect. He can obtain your respect through "transfer pricing".

E.g. The Popiah King is respected by the Principal; while the Principal is respected by the Vice Principal; while the Vice Principal is respected by the teacher. Hence if you respect the teacher, you respect the Popiah King. Indirectly.

I am interested to know how you connect the two statements from the above post together. You said the teacher, VP, Principals all respect the Poh Piah King. Then earlier you mentioned that nobody respects the PP King except the uneducated? It got me confused as I thought teachers and the like are considered educated? So....... am I missing a link here?