Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor millionaire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I thought you were getting out of here. Anyway, there is more to life than money. The poh piah king may be rich, but he doesn't command a lot of respect except from the uneducated.
i don't agree. I believe any man who is able to build a business so big (single handedly) commands most people's respect. Tell me you don't respect George Quek or Douglas Foo either? Then there are not many people who can command my respect in Singapore then.
Money is the source of all respect. Therefore the statement in the quote above the quote is incorrect: "The poh piah king may be rich, but he doesn't command a lot of respect except from the uneducated."

Quote:
"The first day of school at Dunman High School was one that was filled with excitement – it was our first day back at the revamped campus, and we were celebrating the occasion with Homecoming festivities!

The day started with a significant badge-pinning ceremony led by our Vice-Principal, Mr Ng to welcome the Year 1 students to the family. The arrival of the Guest of Honour (GOH), Mr Sam Goi, Chairman of the School Advisory Committee was subsequently announced with a lively welcome by the lion dance troupe at the foyer before guests proceeded to the school hall. In the hall, all past and present Principals, together with Mr Goi, rang an old bronze school bell to kick-start the Homecoming celebrations, and the stage exploded in a cloud of colourful confetti, much to the delight of the surprised audience."
The common denominator of respect is money. How do you compare one profession with another when all professions are so different? It is money. Money is the source of respect.

Even if you do not respect Popiah King, he doesn't need your respect. He can obtain your respect through "transfer pricing".

E.g. The Popiah King is respected by the Principal; while the Principal is respected by the Vice Principal; while the Vice Principal is respected by the teacher. Hence if you respect the teacher, you respect the Popiah King. Indirectly.