Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Verified Member

Leody is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys, I will be graduating from NUS in around a year time and so would like to check what starting salary I should be expecting when I graduate. Can all the lao jiaos shed some light on what is the likely starting salary (rough estimate would do) I will be likely to draw in the following sectors:

1. SPF SPO
2. Investigative agencies like CPIB/ CAD
3. Intelligence (SID)
4. Economist Service
5. Other sectors running on the MX scheme

I will be graduating as an NUS econs grad with high fch (~4.9), non-scholar (excluding bondless scholarships by NUS). If I join SPF, will I start of as an INSP or as an ASP? MHA site says INSP but I heard ppl with good honours start of as an ASP?

Also, I heard from many people that civil service is extremely biased towards scholars in terms of career progression. The thing is, I actually applied for PSC scholarship after JC and was dropped after the final interview. But subsequently I was actually offered several ministry scholarships including mha (spf). However, being 19 and not sure of what I want, I did not accept any of them. I did not bother with mid term scholarships as well as my tuition fees is already taken care off by NUS. After going through NS as an MP, and several internships in uni, I actually developed an interest in policing work and is planning to join spf. So if i join without a scholarship, would I lose out in terms of career progression as compared to the scholars? My brother who works in the civil service told me that my stellar grades would only get me a high starting pay, but it won't prevent me from getting stepped over like dirt by the scholars in terms of career progression. If that's the case, is there any other way for me to get myself placed on the same track as the scholars?

Tks for the help!
It is undeniable that overseas scholar have a better progression compared to local uni degree. I have in the public sector for a while and although fresh grads with good work performance and politicking skills can be on par and supersede local scholars. Overseas scholars will progress faster regardless of their work performance.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app