Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - is my civil service pay progression fast/slow/normal?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 04:05 PM

miwashi is on a distinguished road

The thing is, I'm in a stat board now and the work is very generic. No specific focus, so it's hard to classify a speciality. I did get an offer at a ministry for another administrative position, but since administration is broad, their HR tried to negotiate saying I am from a different sector so the experience is not really relevant, thus the $1000 pay cut.

Does anyone know HR's recruitment criteria for direct recruitment into MX11? I've been where I am almost 5 years already at MX12, and I am wondering if this will be reset if I quit and join another ministry; will it be another 5 years++ before I am considered for MX11? How do ministries decide whether to recruit people from the private sector into MX11 grade? Is there some specific attribute or years of experience required?

Another thing.. I'm expecting to complete my masters next year; stat boards/ministrys don't do individual reviews of salary based on new qualifications, do they? So I should expect to look for another job again next year in order to gain a possible increment?