Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - New boss wants me to handover all my staff to her for appraisal. Signals?
View Single Post
Old 23-12-2016, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brats View Post
Reason for my current feeling is because since this new boss took over, she's been moving all the work I usually do to others, and also gradually leaving me out of cc'ing for everything. I don't even know when she's on leave because I'm not cc'd anything. My previous boss would cc the entire office for everything.

Because of this I feel her act is slowly aimed at moving me out of all the office operations.

I also did an appraisal with her 2 weeks ago. It was 4 minutes long and there was no talk of growing me into any area, rather, the immediate topic was if I am interested in any posting out.

When your boss talks with you for more than 25 minutes trying to justify why she wants to move staff who report to you to report to her instead, and in contrast spends 4 minutes doing your appraisal, I think it's quite telling.
You can rant the boss all you want, but now with the market almost recession, good luck with finding anything else. Generally low level management are the hardest to find jobs in this environment, they are neither here nor there. Not cheap and flexible enough but not enough experience and management skill to take on high level jobs.