Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - New boss wants me to handover all my staff to her for appraisal. Signals?
View Single Post
Old 22-12-2016, 07:29 PM
Verified Member

Brats is on a distinguished road
Default New boss wants me to handover all my staff to her for appraisal. Signals?

I have been supervising 2 staff in my workplace for a number of years now. Previously, the reporting structure was such that I had a boss who would additionally give work to my 2 staff and cc me to keep me informed. During appraisal time, I would be the reporting officer and noted all the work everyone had given my staff. My boss would be the countersigning officer for these 2 staff.

Recently my boss quit and a new boss took over. It's her first 'management' position where people are reporting to her. She wants me to let her do the appraisal for my 2 staff. In other words, she wants to be the only one in the office doing any appraising. Her reasoning is that she wants to give my staff some work to develop them and only she would have full view of what is given.

But giving them additional work too is what my previous boss had been doing, and he kept me informed. She could just do this too but it seems like she totally wants me out of the equation.

Is this a signal that this new boss wants me to get out?
She spoke to me about it and insists that I am being too sensitive and thinking too hard, but I don't think so. She also said that regardless of what I feel she will still be doing it.