Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Data Analytics
Thread: Data Analytics
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think LSE is considered good, but not prestigious in Sg. Part of it is their brand got damaged by hordes of SIM students claiming to be LSE in their CVs as well.

As for 50k all-in package I already told you that's the norm. Pay isn't just about certs, the big factor is state of economy. In a poor job market like now where private unis are getting contract jobs at 2.5k+ a month and many local uni grads in pte sector getting 3k perm packages, how much leverage does a LSE grad actually have?

I think 50k package is on the low side for your cert, but it is not so low until totally unreasonable. If you were to go for typical MO type of analyst job in the banks they would probably pay 3.8-4k w/o AWS and 1-2 mths bonus which will pitch you closer to 55k range.

Of course you can say IB or trading house make a lot more, but in this environment where FO jobs shrinking, headcount freeze and many experienced retrenchees looking around, it will be a very tough sell even for a LSE grad.

How long have you been sending CVs before you got this offer?
lol...not prestigious? probably half the overseas scholars in civil service are from LSE