Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - jump from back office to front office
View Single Post
Old 27-11-2016, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Move from back to front office is tough. You want advice? Well, start by thinking about which front office role you want to pursue. Front office isn't one department, but comprises various - investment banking (product/coverage), capital markets (DCM,DCM), sales/trading etc.

You can't realistically hone your skill set if you have no clue what you are preparing for. And you can't really prepare for everything either since the requirements are different.

A more realistic aim is do get into a good business school and try to jump into front office from there. And I am referring to a proper US/European business school. Not any of the local NUS/SMU/NTU bullsh*t. If you are going to spend all that money and time, may as well make it worth while.

Hi thank you for that advice. I am looking at investment banking and am trying to get there. I actually already have a master degree in finance from the #1 university in Australia
However I got this degree right after I graduated from my bachelors so I do not have any full time working experience.