Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2016, 05:17 PM
skipp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miso View Post
Given your law enforcement background, they will most likely offer you the higher end of the salary range of the AVP position. They might also look at your basic. 4years experience with $7.5k all in seems way better than most private sector compliance out there.

Just curious what's the reason for you to want to move out?
Firstly, I was hoping that the package outside civil service would be more attractive
Secondly, it opens up more options (other FIs or agencies) in the future if I want have a change of environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Take RW's pay surveys with a pinch of salt. The numbers generally tend to trend on the high side, by about 20-30%.

How many years of experience do you have in this field, in the law enforcement agency? Don't be too caught up with job titles as well, your pay range should instead commensurate more with your level of experience.

There are junior 'AVPs' with 4-5 years of experience earning anywhere between 5k - 7k, and there are senior 'AVPs' with 10 years of experience earning 10k. There are a lot of variables to consider.
Yeah I'm actually not too concern about the title, I stated avp just to have a rough idea of what kinda salary range based on my exp.

Currently 4 years in white collar LEA. Not those NPP haha