Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - pay for contract jobs
View Single Post
Old 20-11-2016, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am another poster who posted before. You just got to keep applying the roles and think of how you can value add to the company as a fresh grad. Salary negotiation should be the last priority since you have no power to do so. It really does not matter whether its above 3K or not, which I think a lot people like to use this as a salary benchmark. Contracts should really be the last resort.

I joined a Asian bank 4 years ago as a perm when there are not so many contracts. I have since left the bank. My ex colleagues who stayed have progressed to be team leads etc. They were telling me that there are more contracts now and it's subjected to renewable (not conversion). We are thankful that we joined earlier as a perm staff and progressed from there. So you really got to apply the perm roles.
But given the really poor market now would it be better to take up a contract and wait for 6 months to 1year to convert it to a perm or to delay employment and die die find a perm job?
I understand that contract renewable is subjected to approval by management but it seems based on many experiences of my friends the banks are happy to convert their contracts to perm after 1year or so.