Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Need advice, employer not paying salary for months
View Single Post
Old 14-11-2016, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is your problem? I think it is fare that we as Singaporean has worked to pay taxes and give birth to increase the Singapore population. and I do not see what is wrong by earning more we are not entitled to access the service? if because we are earning more than SGD2500 mean we are not entitled?
On the contrary, I think you have a problem understanding the role of a government or taxes. Ask yourself, what do you get first, your salary or pay income taxes? Obviously, you get your salary first, and you pay taxes on your income for public services rendered to enable you to earn that salary. These public services may or may not be visible to you.

It is certainly not that you are not entitled to the service, it is because there are people who needs it MORE than you. As you are relatively more well-off than others, you have more avenues to self-help because of your education, skills and financial capabilities.

This is the foundation of ALL modern progressive governments, not just Singapore.