Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Great Eastern Life
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
LOL. Standard CMFAS modules that you memorize 2 hours before exam where every insurance agent go through motion to fulfill regulations is going to give you an advantage in the WM/IB industry!?

Give me a break. Unless by WM firm you mean some idiotic XXX & Associates insurance agency.
Like I said, be skeptical all you want. I am replying OP as I have actually been through the programme unlike the others in this thread who are basing their views on hearsay. The WM firm I am referring to is the typical boutique firm catering to HNWIs.

It is not the difficulty of passing the exams which gave me the advantage. It is the fact that I possess the qualification. If you have ever worked in a WM firm (which you obviously have not), you will know that many of the CMFAS modules are required in order for you to meet clients. For a 3 month internship, it makes no sense for the WM firm to pay $500 for an intern to take the required modules. Hence, possessing the relevant CMFAS qualifications already puts you ahead of the 95% who do not. I managed to beat out dean's listers for my boutique WM internship so I know what I am talking about.

But of course, you can just continue to be skeptical for the sake of it. Just remember this: Being open-minded leads you to more opportunities