Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 30-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

I'm the engineering parents guy,

I don't think he is out of touch, I think he is jaded from his industry he just looks down on everyone else. I don't post often but I got a bit pissed over the generalization that engineer's don't make enough to retire like bankers do.

We came from a rented Joo Chiat apartment to now so naturally looking down on people ticks me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is what happens to people who quit their jobs young and spent their time looking out of windows. They even fear being caught in a little peak hour traffic jam. I mean what is a few minutes spent in a gridlock when at pay day each month, you are looking at $30k to $40k credited into your bank account?

You can also see that he is so out of touch with many issues and used obsolete data to make comparison and to make a point. A good example was that he said "only top management people can afford condos".

I would have just laughed them off as misinformed and outdated except that the loser was repeating the posts. Mostly by copying and pasting the same posts over and over. To me, that's the manisfestation of a deteriorating mind.