Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2011, 05:14 PM
Verified Member

bobo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Bobo

Since your are from HR, I go a question to ask you. About annual leave.
I have not cleared any of my annual leave of 20 days for the work year (2010), and is bring forward to work year (2011), and by end of Feb 2011, I would have a total of 20(from 2010) + 3.5(from 2011) = 23.5 days.

If I want to tender and given 1 month notice, I would used all my annual leave to cover the 1 month notice, but I found out that my 23.5 days of annual leave is more than enough to cover my 1 month notice period (I got about 2 days of annual leave in excess after deducted the rest to the 1 month notice).

So what will happened to my 2 excess days of leave, can I en-cash it back? What would you do? Will my 2 days of leave be 'eaten up' ?

Need your wise opinion.
Thanks.
I'm not from HR! I just happen to have been hiring people for a while and old enough to have what people call a 'network' so we exchange info regularly.

I would tell you that if you tender and suddenly disappear the next day is no good, no matter how bad the place is.

So why don't you first take leave 1 1/2 week (if possible), come back to work...then on tuesday throw your letter. then you work one more wk and can say bye bye forever.

This way you use all your leave and don't leave so suddenly.