Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo View Post
1. Compared to? Ministries do have some standards but MOM is not the most difficult.
2. No. You learn to approve/reject work permit and employment pass. What you'll try to sell to a private company in the future is that you have HR experience and know the govt policy. But everyone hates HR, and people whose careers are dead go there and die.
3. Wah...why you got 2nd lower? So wasted. You seem a bit old for your 1st job. Got experience? If not, anything above 2.6k would be ok.
4. If it was full-time, it counts. But you must cook up a story to how the experience is relevant. Developing lessons = handling projects. Teaching = dealing with people and meeting their needs. Phrase it correctly but don't say teaching so direct...turnoff.

-5 day week, very regular hours. Very go home on time.
-There is a retirement age but MM suggest no need to retire so...anyway, I don't think you want to worry about this. Unless you are really going to stick with MOM for the next 30 yrs.
LOL Bobo, really direct of you, but many thanks for your replies.

i'm 27 turning 28 this apr.

anyways, which is a ministry that is easy to enter? I'm actually looking at the DXO, however from the feedbacks that i have gathered it seems difficult to enter with all of the psychometric tests.

yes, regarding your comments on the HR, i have the same opinion from my engineer frens that it is essentially a support position and seems like there is no room for growth.

what would you recommend for me?

I hope to achieve the following:

1. 5 days work week
2. regular hours
3. low in politics (my damned work now is 60% politics work)
4. stability and hopefully recession proof (hospital roles like admin?)
5. so for 2.6k starting, would i be placed at the MX13
6. you mentioned that i am too old for my first job so will i be at a disadvantage?
7. what are the chracteristics/traits that i should possess for govt positions?
8. which govt would you recommend me with my hopes as above

thank you once again