Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 22-10-2016, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
complete lie. i never said that. please check again.

are you a CEO or CMB of a hospital by any chance(they have access to how much each doctor is earning)? if yes then you are valid to make that statement. if not, it's just your word against mine.

accountants earn 2.8k when they graduate. they have increments of $100 per year. until year 6, when they reach junior management, then pay jumps. most of them peak at senior manager, which earns about 8k. partners earn more than 20k.
engineering grads pay stagnate at 5-6k. most dont smell 10k unless they reach management. professional engineers on the other hand earn more than that.
military officers - retire at 50. enough said. most retire as maj or LTC. about 7-8k.

the finance industry is in shambles. you'd probably be jobless before you're 40. economy is not good. and techonology takes over many of the roles.

bottom line. doctors are well compensated. look at everyone else before you say that being a dr is a low paying job. if it was really bad, you wouldnt be a dr.
i've just applied to wuhan in china for their MBBS which is recoginise by singapore medical council to be a doctor her after graduation. my fees are SGD$9000 a year. is there anyone who can tell me about china unis?