Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 19-10-2016, 10:43 AM
unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
so you're self-loathing, have no people skills much less charisma, can't speak or write proper english, and have some pretty serious character flaws... and you say other people are not much to shout about?
you need to understand that studying in local schools in Singapore made me think and feel as such and has pretty much shaped the person i am today. i used to think that Singapore was everything. but when i went to UK my perception changed wholesale. there is a better life out there.

i thought i could work and stay there but many of them in UK don't like our race for some reason. every other day we would get racist remarks passed at us for no reason. in the library, along the dorm aisles, walking on the road, in the lift and in the supermarket. it was quite shocking because in singapore it was us who had it so good. it was also shocking to see nigerian guys with korean girls, pakistani guys with japanese girls, indian guys from india with PRC girls. i guess what they say is true. the closest we can get to these korean, japanese and prc girls is through AV IDOL?

and for some reason many of the girls in UK hate our race too. so what do we do? we look for the easy way out by joining the singapore malaysian student society since we have a better currency rate and safe country but the malaysian girls hate us too. so anyways i told myself there and then that after graduation that i would return to singapore because it was my comfort zone and since i have it so good back home why not right?

but now i plan to work in international firms and they're headed by caucasians. their interview process is unusual because they ask creative questions. as you know our education system has made us timid. we have a problem speaking up. we are normally like mouse when we're asked to talk. i mean ya from time to time we win debate competitions but thats because we've been trained by coaches to memorize from a script and since we usually speak so fast like a bullet train then we are suitable for talking like AK 47 during debate competitions which emphasizes on who can talk alot in a little time. so how do i improve myself on this?

im not interested in being a human rights lawyer to defend the weak and the poor. i'll leave that to people who are interested in that. all i want to do is do corporate work, sit behind a desk and look at contracts all day. so what if my title is a lawyer but i don't go to court at all? there are only 5000 lawyers in singapore. the rest of the population won't know the difference between a lawyer who goes to court and another who sits on the computer chair all day long. as long as they see my name card they will think im a lawyer.

hope someone can tell me what to do.