Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 15-10-2016, 08:10 AM
Unregistered

Then say so earlier. Your consideration with the info you just provided is so different from what you had presented before. To me, its not just financial versus having more time consideration, in your view, it's about your health and sanity. It's a very different question altogether.

You should know better how to decide. If it was just wealth vs having more "me" time, I have already given you the answer.

For us that 6 - 7 years of working have translated to our networth growing an additional $2m+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The passive income is going to come from FD. Convert FD to dividend stocks or bonds for higher yields.

I would love to continue for 3 years too, however situation at the work front had changed to a point where work becomes painful psychologically. Job security is a big question mark as there are mines in every direction you step. I had been fighting this 'fear' of work for over 3 years. If I were to go on with the same , I might just go insane.

Granted it pays well, but I am willing to sacrifice it for a happier life.

I agreed on the trading as well. It's not 100% foolproof compared to a salary. I think it is also prudent to work on one income. My goal is to be completely debt free in 5 years with some extra savings to generate a passive income. Hopefully I can achieve that...