Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advice on what should I do...
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG_User View Post
Currently studying part time and working in SME as an accounts executive. So far nothing much, though I don't really like this place and the learning curve is very inconsistent.

I am thinking about making a switch next year, but cannot decide whether to quit after CNY or after my appraisal in March.

One told me that I shouldn't rush into changing a job, why not just wait until March and see what the company gives, be it salary increment or title promotion. After that, then use these to search for another role.

Another told me to press on and remain optimistic, maybe can promote to Assistant Accountant then jump (since now I also assisting my company's accountant in the work too)

I also thought of moving to a bigger firm/MNC as well

What are your thoughts?
Move. If you keep on waiting for a golden opportunity, you'll be like a sitting duck. If you already have those thoughts, it's time to re-write those resumes and scans those certificates.

Find a new career, while still maintaining the old job. It's a tough market out there with oil barrels at an old time low. So keep on searching for what you like. Remember love your job but never the comoany.