Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 21-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry , I am a local university engineering graduate to be in 6 months time. I do not like engineering at all even though I am finishing my engineering degree.

Since you all said get into the finance industry , may I know what are the jobs available in the finance industry ?

I only saw financial consultants as advertised in my school's career website so far and I understand that they financial consultants are actually "insurance agents" after doing some research.

If so, what are the jobs to apply for in the finance industry for a engineering fresh grad like me ? P.S : My results are not good , third class honours.

Thanks a lot if anybody can advise what kind of jobs in the finance industry I can apply for besides financial consultants ( insurance agents ) ?
Since you do not like engineering you should give those sales jobs a shot. It is one viable way to become a high earner. You may even leapfrog your 'smarter' peers in achieving your pot of gold. Try to get into a PFC position in a bank, then work your way up to be an RM and then even a private banker. The other perk is you get to meet a lot of pretty people.