Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Accenture Technology Consulting vs Deloitte Consulting (Tech Advisory)
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 10:38 PM

Roadsweeper is on a distinguished road

Hi there, can I check if the Deloitte role that you have applied for is "Business Analyst - Technology" ?

I've previously interned at Accenture and my personal experience is that I had a very difficult time managing work life balance (even as an intern, was working close to 11-12 hours a day). Personally, I am not intending to reapply to Accenture for a graduate position as I've been told that I will be put back into the same project. that being said, I have interacted with many of my peers and some have had good experiences (8-5 everyday haha) and some have even OT-ed more than me, so i guess it really depends on your project (that you will likely be stuck in for at least 2 years). Even during my short 3 months, I've seen fresh grads and full time staff quit due to unrealistic timelines and expectations. Otherwise, I would say the extra hours will definitely fast track your learning as a fresh grad in consulting. Accenture as a brand name on your resume gives you very strong exit opportunities as well. The only issue is the gamble you take when you get assigned with your project.

With regards to Deloitte, I would think it will definitely be with a smoother learning curve but with a slower progression. i have a friend in Deloitte Consulting in the role i mentioned above but i think it is a offshore job (he is a fresh grad as well) and he is being offered around 6k but he will be located overseas.

Good luck with your choice!