Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Ways to increase income
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 01:40 PM
Verified Member

poorguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you think writing covered options ain't risky, then you need to go back for some basic lessons. Your EXG fund markets itself as a global diversified equities fund that pays out dividends, but in actual fact it uses undisclosed derivatives that are somewhat linked to a portfolio of equities and pays out so called distributions that are in most likely hood some sort of capital.

It is hard to tell because the company isn't being transparent on the actual mechanics except that is is loosely tied to the performance of a basket of equities. However, one cannot escape the fact that equities do not pay out net yields of 7%, i.e. gross of 9-12%, not even if it were solely concentrated on emerging markets.

Uber part time drivers can make additional $1,000 with far less risk and much more consistency. I am just suggesting to you that what you are doing is just high risk low returns and that amount can easily be replicated by driving part time with greater peace of mind.

Try to think logically instead of knee jerk defensive reaction and senseless sloganeering to be "positive".

Compare this to your first reply. If you have answered with these constructive comments, it would have educated people so much.

I am poor, so COE/retirement is out of my leagues, that is why I'm asking if other people care to share their ideas.

Also, I am not into binary options and definitely not selling anything. I sell 4 contracts of Apple@100 put options for about $100/contract. It is not a naked put option as I have to put aside 40k in case the options got called which happened before and I had to buy the stocks. Which I then sell call options as covered call.

Other than Uber, any other suggestions to share?