Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc etc etc
View Single Post
Old 14-08-2016, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I used to run recruiting for MBB in SEA. Yes, we do recruit locally for analyst level as best as we can. From schools like NUS (and NTU to a much smaller extent) in Singapore; Ateneo (and UPH to a much smaller extent) in the Phils; ITB (and Univ of Indonesia to a much smaller extent) in Jakarta, etc. But the yield we were getting out of this channel was typically very low. In a recruiting season, we were lucky to get 1-2 per country put of 300-500 applicants per country. And these applicants were already cherry-picked based on academic and extracurricular measures.

For US/EU graduates, the focus is about 15-20 schools. These are the usual suspects. The 8 Ivies in the US plus MIT and Stanford. The public Ivies in the US (Berkeley, Michigan, North Carolina, Virginia). Oxbridge, INSEAD, LSE, Imperial College. These are the same schools that MBB-sponsored analysts get their MBAs from.

For ANZ, we don't typically go to ANZ for recruitment because they are our neighbors and have their own needs to fulfill. I.e., we don't want to poach their candidates. But if there are candidates over there that are interested in SEA, the ANZ offices will simply refer them to us.
I wonder what was it that causes the yield from local uni to be so low? was it that the quality of the candidates did not meet the expectations?