Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc etc etc
View Single Post
Old 13-08-2016, 08:15 PM
Verified Member

killuagon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'd pick Bain AC. I question McKinsey's commitment to their Business Technology practice (BTO and subsequent incarnation)... they have a hard time differentiating from the likes of Accenture / Deloitte / EY while still wanting to charge higher rates. Perhaps this explains why it's been on and off for the last 10-15 years.

But the more important question is what you want to do in your career? This should be an important driver in your decision.
I realised that Business Technology is actually a functional practice so perhaps not so much of a real consultant per se. I guess Bain's Associate Consultant offers more exposure in terms of the various industries coverage and the opportunity to engage in multiple types of functional practices along the way.

What I really hope to achieve is a career where I can work alongside the most brilliant minds like the fellow consultants, CEOs, CFOs and really pick their brain to help hone my business acumen and both soft and hard skills and offers me lots of opportunities for growth.