View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia188188 View Post
thanks jack,

could you please provide some answers to my questions:

1. what will be the salary for a kindergarten teacher

2. you mentioned that this is a female dominated industry. I am a guy, so will they like discriminate against a guy in applying for this job

3. could you let me know what are the career progression like for this career? like annual salary increments and also how long to become a senior teacher and then to a principal for e.g

many thanks1

There are some issues you need to resolve:

1) You need to stop comparing yourself with the you 5 years ago.

2) You need to stop comparing yourself with the rest of your cohort.

3) You need to make a completely new start.

Given your current unknown mental state and intelligence level, nobody will hire you to be either a kindergarden teacher or a tuition teacher.

Who will dare to hire someone with brain injury to be a kindergarden teacher? There will always be a worry that you will forget some stuff due to your injury and concerns about your possible behavioural issues.

Given the way your questions always seem to point towards pay and progress, you are completely unsuitable to be a kindergarden teacher.

The best solution is to go take a postgraduate diploma in Education in NIE. Your results will prove conclusively what your level is at now, and reflect on how fit you are to teach.

If you cannot get in, you will need to find some other education course.

The main issue you have is managing your own expectations.

The job market last time is much better than now. A fresh NTU grad with Bachelor in Marketing with 2nd lower honours will have a starting pay of less than $3000 today.

If you are aiming to earn back you $7500 pay, you need to give it at least 10 years.