Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 30-06-2016, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Of course I do but not in this terror-infested era. With all these bombings around, still travel ? Your life is cheap but my life is priceless.
becos of people like you, MNCs will offer their choicest jobs to foreign talents who are cosmopolitan. You strike me as a hermit (frog in a well) kind of personality. As you age you will be surpassed by younger , fresher talents. The only way to excel is to build up your expertise and view your current opportunity in a global point, what would other countries in the same position be doing? Aim to act , think in a global way. Singapore is the hub for many functions, finance, supply chain.. etc Because our good govt has tried to entice MNCs to build their core functions and Asia HQ here.
With this, there are more global or regional opportunities where Singapore make the decisions and advised the regional countries on management related issues. This paths the way to more "intellect required" jobs, out with the production/no added value functions.

But if all our youngsters behave and think like you, then MNCs will import external talents even if they set up base in Singapore.
Hence contradicting the "MNCs import foreign talent" mentality. When in truth, its because our Singaporeans are too laid back and lazy to take up the challenge.