Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - just ORD no job sian
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2016, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Open means being direct and honest without sugar coating. There's no such thing as open = "ridicule imo". Words don't mean other things just because you feel like redefining them and try to escape with a disclaimer suffix "imo".

Public sector officers at the diploma level need to file reports, draft memos and correspond with various parties. If you honestly think TS sort of opening paragraph is going to be acceptable to a Div I diploma officer in a Stat board, then I put to you that the frog is in you.

Civil service does not expect queen's English from diploma holders, but neither are their standards so low that they will accept Ah Beng style pidgin English full of basic grammatical and syntax errors.
I especially admire how you conveniently omit the keyword in that entire sentence to support your stance. 'Mocking'. Do provide us the Oxford definition of that term, if you please. The point I was making, doesn't matter what FORM of mocking took place, it still equates to ridicule or an attempt to. I am very comfortable with my standard of English, thank you.

I don't think anyone was talking about Stat Boards in the first place. We were talking about the SPF. Once again, don't be a frog in the well.