Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Help: My company kenna eaten over.
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2016, 07:54 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrylim View Post
Long story short, my company kenna taken over by another bigger local subsidiary. Then my direct boss will return to HQ.

Then I will be under another manager which we used to have issues working together. I have been here for 11 years and just completed some Spec dip in poly recently.

Have started looking around for jobs since 2 weeks. The company merger will take place 4-6 months from now.

I already have the intention to run 1 1/2 years ago due to low salary and progression in my current place but stayed on because of the part time course at SP.

After sending out many applications, only NTU contacted me for an interview. But I am quite concern about the 3 years contract position offered. My current is a perm and I had very bad experience from 1997-2004 struggling around contract jobs and bad economy. That is why I managed to stay in my current company for 11 years.

After 11 years my salary is still below 4k and I am dealing with the IT infrastructure side.

I am wondering now to take the NTU one if offered to run from the new weird manager that I will be under or wait for any perm opportunities from the private sectors? I seldom change jobs so I hope to find a perm opening. Thanks guys.
Just go for the interview first. 3 years contract is a long time and you can definitely find another job by then. Plus NTU is quite a good name compared to those small unknown SMEs that you are working for. It will be better for your resume. If NTU offers you higher salary than your current job, you should consider jumping and ask NTU if they can offer u perm