Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2016, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I assume that you are joining MAS. It's best that you check the substantive job grades and rate of progression with the HR Dept. MAS gives its officers inflated job titles. So you may end up with a "glorified" job title but in reality, you are rather junior in the "food chain". Ask HR the positions of those in your dept. Eg if the head of team is a DD grade, a head of a department is an Executive Director, a head of a cluster of dept is a group head ie a Assistant MD, you need to know where you stand relatively. Ask HR what your next job title is if you get promoted.

By the way, I am MX11 and my salary ceiling is up to 9K + max. I have 2 years supervisory experience. From the looks of it, you have no supervisory experience. I am not being spiteful here. Just giving you a reality check of what you are going to face when you join public service. There will be many other cattle class farmers with you. Don't think that just because you reach the ceiling, you can move to MX10. There is too much competition. You can end up stuck MX11A for 5 years or more. My 2 cents worth. Don't be angry with my honest opinion. I'm just trying to tell you to manage your expectations. And to avoid a situation where you think you're cheated to join this Stat Board under MOF, it's best that you check with HR.
Thank you for the advice. Much appreciated.

I do have some supervisory experience but it is unknown if HR recognise it. 5 years would be far too long for a promotion and it doesn't sound fair. I will certainly check with HR.