Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippa View Post
I'm not surprised. Two years ago at the UK-SG law student society, each and every panel member including the guest of honour told us more than 30 times than we should be looking to gain employment in Vietnam, Cambodia, China and anywhere else except Singapore.

i found it weird that they would all be singing the same tune. thank goodness im not close minded and that i've set my sights on gaining work in the UK. I get to keep my pink IC, enjoy life in the UK which has a really good work/family balance and get to live and breathe democracy, UK styled.
If you're set on working there all the best to you. But it's wrong to say the uk Uni being removed has anything to do with all the public law teaching - because (a) they actually increased the number of Uni previously and (b) very few of those Lawyers in Singapore doing public law work - you can Guess who - graduated from UK. Vast majority of those studying in UK are upper middle class and unlikely to start subversive activities in Singapore. Pls don't mistake all the so called critical questioning in the dialogues - that's just called being young, idealistic and immature. Wait a few years when the students all have jobs, realise how tough life can be, and see whether they still say the same things. The real reason is about quality and quantity.

Also even with the oversupply it's still easier to get a job in sg compared to solicitor contact in UK - just look at the numbers. And most people can't even dream of barrister seat.

So I'm glad u r so happy with Dicey and co., but not relevant to the schedule.