Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - NTU Computer Science Fresh Grad looking for advice
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Out of curiosity, I asked my sis again on details over weekend dinner. She is actually working on Citigold Private accounts which I understand is a higher tier than Citigold but still not considered private banking.

She told me 110k+ was last year and she is expecting generally lower variable bonus this year, would be lucky to hit above 100k. She also told me as far as she is aware, RMs at this tier even in a good year can only hit 250k and 350k is virtually unheard of. Perhaps private or investment banking, but she seems quite confident it cannot be done in Citigold Private or any tier below that. In fact she used to handle normal consumer banking in SCB and told me 50-70k is the norm at that level.

And it's not just my sis, I have a few friends in the banking sales sector and AFAIK none of them are making that sort of numbers that people keep throwing around here. So my advice for the newbie is be careful and don't trust everything that is shared here.
Not surprising. I have always suspected as much.

Same thing with property agents as well - lots of them claim to be in a "million dollar club" which implies to layman they are making 7 figure income. Truth is you only need a million dollar worth of transactions a year to qualify, that means someone who gets $50k in typical commission income in a year can qualify to be a "million dollar club" elite. Typical sales hype.