Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone working in Recruit express?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lol to the above post. Gosh, I didn't know that HR businesses are like these. As for the original poster, yup, I doubt he is getting his $2,250 back ( $2,500 - $250 ) back.

Broadly speaking, I'm also learning how to identify such businesses that come and go. And it makes me study deeper on the models of such companies. Do they set up, rake in some cash, then quit? Are their practices legal? Do they know themselves that they are running the scam?

Take this for example. I see lots of pool investment business set up by someone who claims to have a wealth of experience in big companies. They promise to take money from individuals and then invest together in property.

But oddly enough, when I dig deeper into their profiles, what they claim in to on the website is TOTALLY different from what I see on their LinkedIn.

LinkedIn: Led a sales team. (Totally different from investing)

My point is that learn how to discern the legit business from the fake ones. Everyone can set up a business and set a facade of being accomplished and doing well. But deep down, they could be lazy people who just want to take the cash, avoid liabilities and close down.
Actually the business model is very simple if you think of it as telesales outsourcing biz. Basically just hire many people on commissions and have them call as many people as they can, then take a cut of the salaries in fees and commissions.

Because this sort of business require very little start up cost (just a laptop, mobile and mouth), there are 2000+ manpower agencies in Sg alone. They deal with all sorts of segments and many are just small outfits <10 people. Many don't even have proper offices and just rent temp cubicles and meeting rooms when needed.

The guy can go sue or online CSI or whatever, but when the heat's too hot, they simply close down and 1 week later get another guy to setup a new company and cycle repeat. Many of them start off with big ones like Kelly, Manpower, GMP, RE - gain 1-2 years exp then just setup their own shop with a few colleagues. This whole industry is very shady if you ask me.

That's why I ask that guy to just move on and forget about his so called "salary" which is really just an advance in disguise. He's never going to get that back and no amount of emo-ing online / offline's gonna change the fact.