Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Should I resign? Sales job still in probation
View Single Post
Old 29-05-2016, 04:20 PM

hetic is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Should I resign? Sales job still in probation

Studying part-time now, left with abt a year till I grad

Local dip holder who just started a sales role.

No training at all ever since first day. Self reading of manuals and boss expects me to start engaging customers and to be answerable to company assigned pipeline. No colleague who can support too as its a small SME.

Sales target is not realistically set. Might not even hit 70% if we are unable to get some big deals that we have been gunning for. Dont think I can even get my comms..

All in all, boss's attitude is that i have to succeed or die trying. Sink or Swim sales training approach.

Feeling depressed because of lack of support and stress from studies.

Boss is not the kind who would sit down and listen to you. he would just try to deflect or play it down. Only thing which is stopping me from leaving is the basic pay which is not bad for a dip holder like myself. (higher end of 2k)

Impression to me is that colleagues from other department who are still in the coy generally have no choice that's why there are still there. Turnover rate is high.

Please advise people COming close to a month in this job and this industry has aa extremely steep learning curve due to product specification.

Last edited by hetic; 29-05-2016 at 04:25 PM.