Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Working in a bank
View Single Post
Old 24-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't need to try again. You pretty much implicated yourself. Lol. See below.

I know you didn't explicitly say BAML was not BB. That you said you found it hilarious that someone referred BAML as BB pretty much means you also find everyone in the US who says BAML is a BB hilarious. I think the smarter thing to do was to just avoid any BAML and BB.

And regardless what I said above, I actually do know Merrill is in BB but isn't at JPM and GS level. I'm just careful to discuss level or work at banks and not their leveling. I'll be the very first person to tell you that Cornell and Brown are Ivy league but not in the same level as Harvard.

You can't fight labels. You can right quality of work.
To put it very simply for you (I think it's only fair, given your standards), is Giordano a brand? Yes, it is. Can someone wearing their clothes, label himself as wearing 'branded' clothes? Technically, there is nothing wrong with doing that. But to people decked out in Brioni, when that particular person goes around proclaiming his 'branded' clothes... it's laughable. Actually no, it's just sad and shows the lack of depth.

I hope for your sake, as a freshee with only a year of experience, learn your role. Which is to shut your mouth when you are out of your depth.

I'm done here, good luck bud.