Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 23-05-2016, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

This world is for dreamers aka winners.
Loser mentality like yours talking about how one is restricted by their education/how rich your parents are/ competition you face from local/Ivy League grads won't make it far in life.
Btw it's average for people around me to make $1M a year and 50% of them are not local grads, so suck it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No use correcting him/her..people here really have selective reading issues. We're talking about freshies with little to virtually zero experience trying to break into the FO. Then now we have smart asses trying so hard to form the best possible "what if" scenario.

if you have >few years of working experience, i don't really give a **** about your paper. Just tell me, all things being equal except qual, why should i hire you over someone from the local U who has a GPA in the upper quartiles ?

The topic here is on freshies. Don't come and drag in people who already have had working exp. To be fair, i was once told by the HR that there was an SIM UOL fella cum some committee member of SIM investment club. He was selected for the MAP interview of my firm. But sadly he didn't get past the 2nd rd. It was an operations track. So it is not impossible to get called up for MAP interviews as a DL private grad. Whether you can make it past or not that's another story. I personally do know of some DL grads (not sim) working in the FO of other banks (knew them from seminars and name cards). But they didn't join as a freshie, they already have min. ~3-4yrs of exp.

For those who still wanna BS and quote about your friends, your mother's friend's daughter, yada yada, please kindly show us i.e. linkedin profile of those FO guys/ladies who joined as FRESH GRAD straight out of SIM. Just to give you some leeway, you can include AM firms as well. But please don't give us the bull crap SME prop trading firms like six cap and etc. Everyone in the streets know what kind of firms they are.

please wake up and make an effort to level up yourself. Stop reading stupid articles in efc or WSO and alike. In this internet age, if you still can't find out things yourself... then i sincerely wish you all the best.

-former SIM UOL DL grad years ago