Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Can I turn down a job after signing a contract?
View Single Post
Old 20-05-2016, 12:11 AM
Verified Member

Armageddon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are 24 now, 3 years ago in 2 threads (i.e. 21 yo) you claimed you were a diploma educated seasoned professional with 6 years exp in social media marketing working for a famous Hollywood agency dealing with high profile celebrities (i.e. 15yo start working in social media advertising in 2007 when it was not even in existence as an industry).

In addition to being a super high profile Hollywood upstart, you were also busy offering freelance web designing services and applying for entry level executive job in A*Star.

So a super highly independent old bird, worked with Hollywood celebrities with a total 9 years work exp since the tender age of 15 suddenly gets 6 offers within 1 month and most amazingly gets pressured by mama to sign a contract in a local company.

CSB.

://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2932-web-designer-how-much-should-i-charge-my-client.html

://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2846-how-much-does-social-media-executive-manager-earn.html
Yes, I have been programming since the age of 10 so I'm not a typical average Joe who goes through more than a decade of education, and only start working after graduating. I have been working since my secondary school days, programming and freelancing for a living. It's interesting you pointed out the last thread I posted 3 years ago, because it was A*STAR that provided me the trajectory in my career.

At A*STAR, my job was to build an IT start-up eCommerce company, (funded by A*STAR but I'm not actually working for A*STAR if this makes any sense) which is targeted to Hollywood celebrities. I built the website and the entire marketing infrastructure. Our business took off after 6 months and the founder and I (co-founder) were offered a large sum of money (in the millions) by an investment holding company in the US, so we sold off some shares in the company. I still have a 20% shares in the company, which is quite a lot of passive recurring monthly income, due to the revenue we generate from the business.

I'm trying to look for a job which can match or is higher than my last drawn salary which is why I posted this thread. Anyway let's not derail this thread.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app