Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2016, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I know how you feel. I have a similar background, my 1st job out of graduation was at a investment research firm specializing in alternative assets, as a research analyst. The starting pay was 2850. I am now with a European bank's Compliance Control/Advisory team. In total, I have moved 3 times with a little less than 3 years working experience and am drawing >1.75x my 1st paycheck.

Banks do not reward loyalty within the same function, will not recommend people in our shoes to stay committed in a firm for an extended period of time. After all, we are not the 'elite' IBs or part of sales/trading. We have to create and generate uplifts in our incomes with what we have.
im almost the same as u... started with a contract aml job when i just grad, then shortly moved on to a perm comp ops role then finally moved on to the advisory/control function. Coming nov will be my 3rd yr anniversary of working.. salary wise suprisingly almost the same as yours. I guess ppl in our years of exp in this field r paid this amt?

but man, a full fledged compliance role isnt easy. is no longer just dealing with TM or KYC but moving on to broader topics. OTC derivatives, syndication loans, basic onboarding n kyc stuff r done by the middle office.

its really stressful...many times in the meeting room i almost flipped the table at the other person